Last Revised: March 2012
What is Personal Information?
As used herein, the term "personal information" means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, or credit card number), or information about that individual that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include "aggregate" information, which is data we collect about the use of the Site or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
How Do We Collect Personal Information?
Personal information may be collected from our site users in a number of ways. We collect certain information you provide to us, such as when you register for an account, create a profile, participate in a customer survey or communicate with us by phone, email or support tickets. Such information may include your name, employee information, location, mailing address, email address, date of birth, and other contact or demographic information. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Site.
When you use the Site, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring website, and your activity on the Site. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies" or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve the Site and your experience. If we link cookies to any personally identifying information, we will treat this information as personal information. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Site or in emails relating to the Site to collect certain information and monitor visitors' activity on the Site and to tell if an email we send you has been opened and acted upon.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We use personal information collected through our Site for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Site. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
- to provide the services or information you request and to process and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- to operate and improve our Site;
- to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to collect and process your rewards program points and send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to communicate with you about upcoming events and provide you with news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- to request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- to notify you about important changes to our Site; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not share the personal information we collect from you through the Site with third parties, except as described in this Policy or on the Site. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- when you give us consent to share your personal information with our partners or other site users;
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers ("Service Providers") who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Site or the services we provide and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights and property of Kudough and our agents, site users and employees, copyright owners, or any other third parties, including to enforce our agreements, policies, and Client User Agreement; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Kudough assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation involving the transfer of all or part of the business assets of Kudough.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
We are not responsible for the actions of Service Providers or other third parties you may choose to engage with directly, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Links to Other Websites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against interception or other types of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our website by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?